This is the weekly roundup of the best posts from across the web from CEO Blog Nation and other sites for entrepreneurs and business owners:
CEO Blog Nation
- Welcome to the Global Business World – Because the Olympics are taking place, CEO Blog Nation is naming this month global business month. There will be posts about global business.
- Philanthropist, Medical Mid-Wife & Entrepreneur Works Tirelessly for Her Community – Lorna Jackson is a social entrepreneur that has put her community first.
- How do you find people to help you out with your business? – Entrepreneurs and business owners explain how they are able to find people to help them out with their business.
- What Can Entrepreneurs Learn from Bryce Harper – The Washington Nationals phenom is on of the reasons for their success this season. Entrepreneurs can learn a lot from 19-year old.
Across the Web
- Speed Counseling for Struggling Business Owners (via the New York Times): Jay Goltz is an entrepreneur from Chicago and talks about speed counseling. Successful entrepreneurs are by nature resourceful and quick studies, and a 20-minute conversation on a particular subject might be all they need to get over a hurdle.
- Using Social Media to Test Your Idea before You Try & Sell It (via the New York Times): Thanks to social media — especially Twitter — small businesses now have the ability to determine what their customers want and what they are willing to pay.
- 5 Things Every Entrepreneur Must Know About the Jobs Act (via Luxe Lounge): Recently, the bipartisan Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act became law, transforming how entrepreneurs can raise the money to grow their business. Savvy entrepreneurs should be aware of what the new legislation entails when forming a comprehensive strategy for raising capital and growth.