Running a startup is a lot like dating someone, and there are many similarities between the two. So let’s take a look at five dating tips that can also be applied to running a tech firm:
- Starting a Relationship Is Like Building a Startup
- Using Past Relationships to Get More Friends Is Like Using Past Clients to Expand Your Business Network
- Maintaining a Relationship Is Like Maintaining a Marketing Campaign
- Introducing Your Partner to Your Family Is Like Getting Investors
- Having Common Interests Are Like Two Startups Becoming Partners
Read more: 5 Ways Running a Startup Is Like Dating [Tech.co]
Posts Across the Web
- Stop Marketing Like It’s 2012 [Gary Vaynerchuk] – I thought it would be fun to take a look back at tactics that worked back then, but have no place in the dawn of 2016.
- 21 Disruptive Trends in Technology & Society in 2015 [LinkedIn] – I’m going to blog now about 2015 stories that felt disruptive and notable to me personally, perhaps they did for you as well.
- 35 Things You Should Know Before Becoming “Successful” [Medium]
- How hiring my own boss made me a better entrepreneur [VentureBeat] – Sound logic aside, when you fire yourself from the company you built (because that’s what you’re doing), none of this matters — you are going to feel awful. You’ll have to defuse yourself from your identity as a founder and come face to face with the fact that you might not always work at the startup you spent years building.