More than half of Gen Y-ers start or want to start their own business. I wholeheartedly believe that entrepreneurship is the new job security for Gen Y, which is why today I’m focusing on how to prepare yourself to become a successful business owner. Relying on someone else to provide you with a paycheck is a big gamble. It sounds counterintuitive, but think of it this way. Deriving 100% of your income from a single source is the same as putting all your money in one stock. It is actually pretty risky, as the Great Recession shows. You are at the mercy of others’ decisions that you have no control over.
Working for someone else used to be the safe option 20 years ago, because starting your own business was expensive. But we live in a different world now — a digital one. You’re connected on a global level. More ideas, resources, tools and options than ever before are at your fingertips for free. Barriers to starting a business are significantly lower.
But before you dive into a big entrepreneurial dream, check out these tips about what it takes to be your own boss.
- You have to make your own opportunities.
- Leave your fear of failure behind.
- Pay attention to the practical stuff.
Curated from: Gen Y startup tips: Leave fear of failure behind [USA Today]
More Posts Across the Web
- 15 Things Insanely-Productive People Do Differently [Medium] – Insanely productive people have learned the two most important things every person needs to know in this life: Who they are and What their purpose (path) in life is.
- 32 of the Best Productivity Tools You’ll Ever Need [Medium] – There are countless productivity tools out there — how does one choose? We’ve scoured Product Hunt for some of the best time management, calendar, habit change, and goal tracking tools and apps. Check out the full list below — we hope they help you accomplish your big goals in 2016 and beyond.