CEO Blog Nation
- What Can Entrepreneurs Learn from NFL Replacement Refs ( from Progreshion): Questions of legitimacy and safety have been brought up during the last 3 weeks of the season and at its heart the NFL is a business, so what can entrepreneurs and business owners learn from the NFL replacement refs?
- 5 Ways Entrepreneurs Can Use the iPhone 5 for Your Business (from Rescue a CEO): For those entrepreneurs and business that have pre-ordered a iPhone or camped out in lines here are 5 ways you can use the new iPhone 5 for your business.
- CEO Blog Nation Launches Start-up Hoya (from DMV CEO): CEO Blog Nation launches Start-up Hoya for Georgetown entrepreneurs and business owners.
- What Does Being a CEO Mean to You? (from Rescue a CEO): CEO Blog Nation and Rescue a CEO asked entrepreneurs what it means to them to be the CEO.
- What’s Keeping Your Small Business from Succeeding [INFOGRAPHIC] (from Rescue a CEO): There are currently $1 trillion small business loans that are outstanding. Small businesses play an essential part in powering our economy, but only if they can achieve success.
- How Google Search Works [FREE CLASS] [VIDEO] & [INFOGRAPHIC] (from Teach a CEO): Google likens the web to a book with millions of pages. The search engine that recently celebrated its birthday has spent millions of hours building the index. When a search is conducted Google’s “Secret Sauce” or algorithm travels to deliver relevant results of results.
Across the Web
- Rich or Not, Entrepreneurs Are The Happiest (from The Street): A study by the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business found a strong correlation between entrepreneurship and happiness, one that held even if the start-up in question wasn’t phenomenally successful.
- Entrepreneurs Can Fix the Economy, Gallup CEO Says (from Hispanic Business): In an interview, Clifton said the U.S. needs to produce at least 2 million new businesses a year to see healthy economic growth. It will produce only 400,000 this year, he said. The nation’s 6 million small businesses are where two-thirds of the jobs are, and where about two-thirds of new jobs come from, he said.
- Education Nation: Growing Future Entrepreneurs (from CNBC): With an energetic focus on creativity combined with real-life practices, the University of Southern California gives the entrepreneurs of tomorrow the tools to create successful start-ups and launch companies with true growth potential. At the University of Southern California and many other successful entrepreneur programs across the country, this gets accomplished in three main ways.
- Women Entrepreneurs Increasingly Part of Jobs Crisis Solution (from Huffington Post): A 2010 report by the U.S. Department of Commerce showed that between 1997 and 2007, the number of women-owned businesses grew by 44 percent, twice as fast as firms owned by men — and they added roughly 500,000 jobs.