- Pursue excellence, not money – “The universe doesn't care if you want to be rich,” Glassman said at the iCONIC Conference in Seattle on Tuesday. “Markets are unknowable. Excellence stands like a beacon, a lighthouse,” Glassman said. “Excellence is obvious to everyone. Chase it. Pursue it.”
- Forget the “vision” mumbo jumbo; execute the plan – O'Leary explained that entrepreneurs that are able to set goals, communicate them and are transparent about progress toward those goals are the ones that succeed.
- Don't deny big sources of resistance – “When you're trying to do something new, you are going to face resistance.”
- Cutting back is not only for worst-case scenarios – “Don't be scared to make cuts. You can't save the world. If you want to be successful in business, you gotta be tough sometimes, and you better be tough in tough times.
- You'll never be fully “prepared”; just take the leap! – “I'm a big believer that you're never prepared enough for a job that has the potential for greatness. “You're never going to know everything. You just gotta do it, because the best experience is doing it.”
Curated from Listen up, entrepreneurs! 5 big tips from business titans [CNBC]
More Posts Across the Web
Making Sense Of The Many Business Models In The Sharing Economy [Fast Coexist] – Do we even know what the sharing economy is anymore? Breaking down all the business models, from for-profit, venture-backed corporations to small cooperative collectives.
Three things startup founders have to do to take advantage of the innovation statement [Startup Smart] – Here are some lessons that I’ve learnt since founding WME