There is an increasing amount of researching showing that keeping your current position is the best way to start building your venture, whether you want to nurture it to fruition or keep it passive.
- Find your (strong) reasons – This is the most overlooked step when people start thinking of building their business. You need to be able to justify why explicitly you want to set up a business.
- Decide on your side business idea
- Identify your target customers and primary market
- Give your products or services a distinctive identity – branding
- If you decide on having a product-oriented business, find the right suppliers
- Grow your sales with diverse marketing tactics
Curated from How to start a side business without quitting your current job [The Next Web]
More Posts Across the Web
How FreeConferenceCall.com Built a Giant Business Out of a $10 Domain Name [Inc] – This is one of those stories about building something from almost nothing–coming up with an idea, betting on yourself, and making it happen.
10 Things I Wish I Knew Before Founding A Startup [Forbes] – On my journey to foster and create innovative businesses, I’ve picked up many, many useful tips and wanted to pass some knowledge along. Below is a list of 10 things I wish I’d known before creating a startup.